Wednesday, January 13, 2016

And the color of the year is.....



ROSE QUARTZ AND SERENITY 





For the first time ever, the color Gods and Goddesses have chosen TWO colors as the pantone color of the year!

With people looking more to inner peace and mindfulness, these two colors have been chosen as the "it"  colors of 2016 which is AWESOME!!!

I personally am loving "Serenity". I happen to be a sucker for blue nail polishes and with the light baby blue in the spotlight this year, I am going to have fun experimenting with different textures and shades. I am a fan of the Rose Quartz and hope to see more variety among the pink hues. I also like to use Rose Quartz as a neutral, if you will, and will probably add it to my "in between seasons" color scheme.

The great thing about this years colors is that there is so much to choose from. I'm a fan of Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel and they have a spot on Rose Quartz as well as a beautiful Serenity hue. I'm excited to see  if the other companies follow the trend or go out on a limb for their seasonal colors.

Companies like Sephora have already started selling make up featuring the pantone color(s) of the year...except that I am not too crazy about the light blue lipstick. My 12 year old, however, is a huge fan.

Click here to find out WHY we even have a "pantone color of the year" and for more information on this years color and the colors years past. www.pantone.com


No comments:

Post a Comment